Geethanjali Institute of Science and Technology has been identified as a Remote Center of IIT Bombay since July 2013 for conducting mega-workshops and to train number of teachers and students. These workshops shall be conducted in the distance mode, using A-VIEW software and Internet, as part of the National Mission on Education through ICT (MHRD, Govt. of India).
A Remote Center acts as the intermediary between IIT Bombay and the participating teachers during the workshop. It is usually a reputed engineering college, with high academic standards, excellent infrastructure and good faculty with expertise and experience of handling workshop subjects, to guide the participants in Lab work. IIT Kharagpur is also declared as a partner institution for these initiatives.
IIT Bombay partially funds the conduct of the workshops at the Remote Centers.
A Remote Center (RC) is a place from where the participants/people can interact with the instructor (faculty at IIT) who is conducting the course or delivering a lecture from IIT Bombay. The live lectures are transmitted at Remote Centers using A-VIEW software.
Reasons for GIST being selected as a remote center of IIT Bombay
- The Remote Center (RC) GIST is usually a reputed engineering college with good facility and infrastructure.
- GIST acts as a host for the virtual classroom environment created by A-VIEW.
- The participant can attend the workshop in a RC close to his/her place. The RC minimizes the logistics of travel, boarding and lodging.
- GIST is centrally located with a number of engineering colleges in the area, so as to attract a large number of participants.
- GIST has a well equipped classroom and labs with broadband internet connection, for a minimum of 50 participants.
- Backup of internet at venue if main internet connectivity fails due to any issue.
- The classroom and labs should be equipped with overhead projector with minimum 12×9 feet screen.
- The venue on where workshop will be conducted, is equipped with professional audio system.
- Sufficient UPS to sustain Power if main line fails due to any issue.
|S.No.||Name of the Workshop||Date|
|1.||Two week ISTE workshop on Engineering Mechanics||25-11-2013 to 05-12-2013|
|2.||Two week ISTE workshop on Signals and Systems||02-01-2014 to 12-1-2014|
|3.||Two week ISTE workshop on Fluid Mechanics||20-05-2014 to 30-05-2014|
|4.||Computer Programming||16-06-2014 to 21-07-2014|
|5.||Computer Networks||30-06-2014 to 05-07-2014|
|6.||Cyber Security||10-07-2014 to 20-07-2014|
|7.||Control Systems||02-12-2014 to 12-12-2014|
|8.||Pedagogy for effective use of ICT in Engineering education||05-01-2015 to 07-01-2015
19-01-2015 to 21-01-2015
|9.||Design of Algorithms||25-05-2015 to 30-05-2015|
|10.||Environmental Studies||02-06-2015 to 12-06-2015|
|11.||One Week ISTE Workshop on Technical Communication||30-11-2015 to 05-12-2015|
|12.||Two Week ISTE STTP on Engineering Physics||08-12-2015 to 18-12-2015|
|13.||Two Week ISTE STTP on Introduction to Structural Engineering||04-01-2016 to 09-01-2016|
|14.||Two Week ISTE STTP on CMOS, Mixed Signal and Radio Frequency VLSI Design||30-01-2017 to 04-02-2017|
|15.||One Week STTP on Electric Power System||10-07-2017 to 15-07-2017|